Monday, December 8, 2008

Sidenotes

Here are some of my favorite vegetarian and vegan dishes that I've been making since before the blog:

One of my favorite quick meals, this quesadilla is super fast and tasty.
Just melt cheese on a tortilla, slice avocado onto it after removing from heat, sprinkle lemon juice and pepper and voila! a delicious and slightly nutritious vegetarian dish.

Also, my favorite side: heirloom tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and dried basil.
Simply chop, toss together and enjoy. Great easy side dish for dinner.

I also had a super awesome vegetarian sandwich and soup that were so good I had to photograph them quick before I ate the whole thing.
The 'meat' of this sandwich was thick slices of mozarella. Add tomatoes, spinach, basil, some sauce and foccacia bread and you've got a bomb sandwich. For a vegan option, tofu could definitely be substituted in.

The vegetable soup was amazing, the best I've ever had. I ate it too fast to photograph it.

No comments: